Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last Week in the States

So everyone, its official. In 7 short days I leave for France. if you look at some of my earlier posts I'm counting down from 180 days. Before I knew it 100 day transformed into 40 days which melted into 10 and and now here I am, with 7 days. There are really no words to describe this feeling. This feeling of insane excitement mixed with sharp nerves and doubt. I've attended the orientations, read the books, studied the language, said goodbye the inbounds, welcomed home the rebounds, and watched in awe as my fellow outbound departed for their countries. It blows my mind that a year ago I was reading these blogs and now it's me who's leaving. To any Exchange Student hopefuls, my biggest advice is to enjoy the whole process. I know waiting sucks, and at some points you'll find yourself just wishing you could hop on a plane and leave. But, in the months before your exchange you'll meet some really amazing people and have some great times. Remember to embrace your home, wherever it is, and the short time you have there because although you may not believe me now, the time flies by. Before you know it, you'll be in enjoying YOUR last week in the states and telling the incoming class of outbounds the same thing. Now, getting back to the title of my post I am currently in Door County, with my mother and sister. We're staying on a house right on the coast of Lake Michigan and have been enjoying our last days together before she heads off to college and I leave. It's been nice having a break and recharging before I go. We head back home on Thursday, my going away party is on Monday and I leave on Wednesday. I know these days will fly by. All I can do is enjoy every moment and all I can say is the it's been an amazing adventure and it hasn't even begun yet.

4 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel! Its already been 100 days since I found out I was going to Finland! How the time flew, I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm Marie from CS, and I had told you my cousin was in HS in one of Antibes schools. I asked him the name of the school which is Lycée (Alexis de) Tocqueville. Are you going to that same school? My cousin will be in 1ère S this coming school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to Lycee Jacques Audiberti!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of the school, but I really don't live in the area, so I guess it's pretty normal, xD. When do you arrive? You'll have to go to the beach, I'm just back from my cousin's and it's so gorgeous. You're quite lucky to have ended up there, I'm jealous!!! (BTW, don't know if you know, but the weather does get cold sometimes over there. It even snowed liked 15cm last winter!!! so don't expect only sun all year long.)
    (Still Marie, :D)

    ReplyDelete